Sunday, January 28, 2007

Hypocrisy 101

More than once I have read a post at Slice of Laodicea/Christian Research Network, and been blown away by it. Not because of great writing or a well made point; rather, by the fact that they point out the speck in the eye of another and remain oblivious to the plank in their own.

I offer into evidence a post, written by Ingrid, decrying other "discernment" ministries, and later removed by her (she claims it will reappear with more information). However, thanks to the miracle of modern technology, the post is not gone forever, and several other bloggers have taken note and dissected the post much better than I ever could.

I recommend reading Discernment Gone WILD!!! at Verum Serum for analysis and response to the disappearing article. To read the article without commentary, pay a visit to Sliced Laodicea.

In other news, I just got back from a weekend retreat with the youth, and we had a great time. We were joined by members of the Rockford Masters Commission. I hope to have a post about the weekend on MySpace soon, culled from my journal entries from the weekend. I need to boil them down first and make sure they'll be of interest.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home