Thursday, March 08, 2007

Question for Fellow Blogger Users

Does anyone know if it is possible to log the IP addresses of those that leave comments on a Blogger blog? I've had a couple of comments in the lifetime of this blog that have been left either anonymously or without any real way to track them back to their origin. Mind you, I have a pretty good idea where they came from (partly because the posters addressed me by my first name, which does not appear on this blog). Are there other blog sites that DO offer this?

In other news, I'm considering a move to TypePad. Feedback on it, good, bad, or indifferent, is welcome. But keep your snarky comments to yourself.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

using wordpress, on a hosted domain, I get an IP address for every commenter. My domain company, I and 1 has packages as low as 4.99 a month.

Wordpress can be intimidating the first time you set it up.......was for me anyway and I am a geek. But, now it is old hat.

All in all I love wordpress.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use both wordpress and Typepad. I like typepad a lot better except the domain masking can be a pain if google hits matter to you. Typepad has total control. Wordpress has about 70% control. Both are good, but I would reccomend TP.
Joe
http://www.joemartino.name

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home